11 Apr Dos And Don’ts Of Yacht Interior Refinishing
If you have an older yacht, or you’re interested in sprucing up your recent purchase, you may be thinking about refinishing the interior. That’s a great idea – restoring the interior of a yacht is a great way to make it a more comfortable environment, and could even increase its value, in some cases.
However, interior yacht refinishing is not simple, even if you are working with a professional marine carpentry services provider like Chi Yacht Refinishing. Here are our top “Dos” and “Don’ts” for yacht interior refinishing.
When Refinishing Your Yacht, DO:
- Shop around different yacht refinishing companies – A yacht renovation and refinishing is an expensive project, and it will take some time. To make sure you choose the right company for your project, you should do some shopping around at different service providers.
- Get a written statement of work, and a quote – After talking with a yacht interior refinishing service provider, ask if you can get a solid quote and statement of work that will be performed. This will help you determine how much you should be spending on your yacht, and is a helpful negotiating tool if you are interviewing multiple service providers.
- Ask for photos of past projects and results – This is incredibly important. A yacht refinishing company should be willing to provide you with information about past projects, including cost, timeframes, photos, and even referrals from the customer.
- Consult with an expert marine interior designer – Marine interiors are all about space efficiency, and have a variety of special considerations that must be taken into account. If you consult with a designer, you can create a comprehensive renovation plan that’s ideal for the size, shape, and style of your yacht.
When Refinishing Your Yacht, DON’T:
- Choose a non-specialist renovator – Would you let a home electrician work on your boat’s power systems? Would you let an automotive mechanic work on your engine?
That’s what we thought. In the same vein, you should not let a non-specialist carpenter, renovator, or designer do any work on your boat. Make sure that your chosen service provider has expert, marine-specialized contractors and renovators. This ensures the best possible results.
- “Over-customize” your yacht – It may be tempting to custom-tailor everything in your yacht to your particular needs. However, this is not a good idea. If you choose options and features that are not popular with other boat owners, you may reduce the value of your boat – and have a hard time selling it if you ever decide to upgrade.
- Skimp on material quality – The cost of renovating your yacht’s interior is very high, so we understand the urge to save money by choosing cheaper materials. However, this is a mistake. If you invest in high quality materials, your yacht will be beautiful for decades to come. Cut-rate materials, though, may begin to fail or become unsightly after just a few years.
Follow These Tips – And Restore Your Yacht’s Interior Like A Pro!
Yacht refinishing is not cheap, and the process is very complex. But it’s worth it – especially if you take this advice to restore your yacht’s interior! If you’re interested in interior yacht refinishing in Fort Lauderdale, get in touch with Chi Yacht Refinishing right away.
We employ only the best marine specialists – from marine carpenters, to tiling experts, designers, and more. Learn more on our website!